I was tagged by Moonbeam McQueen.
Five Things in your bag:
1. Moleskin notebook: Blank sheets perfect for jotting down ideas, small sketches, phone numbers. I love this thing. There are a lot of blank pages still. You’d think I’d have more ideas.
2. 2-inch-thick layer of crumpled old receipts: This protective layer of packing material guards the contents of my purse against impact damage. Some might argue that I’m just too lazy to throw them all out but they are wrong…WRONG, I TELL YOU, WRONG!
3. Pink Pearl eraser: Honest to God there are very few things on this earth more comforting to me than a Pink Pearl eraser. In fact, I’m glad Moonbeam tagged me because I forgot I had this in there till I looked just now. It erases so perfectly. With a Pink Pearl eraser, no matter how badly I’ve messed up, I know I can fix it. I buy these in large packs. I think I might like to fill a jar with them and just gaze at their magnificence…
4. Dental Floss: I’m not really sure why I carry this. I’m not a big flosser. I guess it comes from watching MacGyver episodes. Never know when you might need to rig something up with dental floss to save the world. However, as I reflect on the situation more, it comes to light that MacGyver never carried a purse. He always improvised with whatever was lying around. I should liberate myself from the dental floss. Plus, I’ve already got the Pink Pearl eraser. Carrying anything else around in case I need to save the world is redundant.
5. My own business cards: I never hand these out. They say “artist” on them. Actually, I think I handed one out. …to a kid …who had just shot my daughter with his Airsoft gun …so he could have his mother call me. She did call, but didn’t commission any artwork.
Five Favorite Things in Your Room
1. Softest sheets in the universe on my bed: Who wouldn’t love these? It feels so good when they touch my skin. This is our old set that is well broken in, not the new set of 1200 thread count sheets I bought at Sam’s Club for a hundred bucks that are made in China. I skinned my knees on those sheets. My husband teases that they must contain lead because they are NOT soft. They’re actually crunchy and make noise if you shift around.
2. Drawer full of socks: Note that I said *full* of socks. It’s wonderful to open a drawer full of socks when you need them. Horrible to open a drawer hoping for -needing socks and have none.
3. My pillow: It’s soft and it’s all mine!! I do not share. If anyone is using my pillow, I can immediately force them to give it up without any flack. MINE!!!
4.Art of my children: I have some special artwork done by my kids in my nightstand.
5. The sunset: For a long time my husband didn’t want me to paint any colors on our walls in case we put the house on the market. I patiently waited for ten years. Then one day I painted my room pale purple. My husband came home from work while I was painting and I reassured him, “Don’t worry, honey. It goes on looking pink, but I promise it will dry purple.” It was the perfect combination with my beige bedside lamps – because I painted the lamps and the shades orange. My son was the first to point out that it looks like a beautiful sunset when the lamps are on. Now every night we have a sunset before bed.
Five things you’ve always wanted to do
2.Love, and be loved
4.Go many places, see many things
5.Understand what I’m here in this world to learn
Five things you’re currently into
3.Photography (trying to learn)
5.Being a good mom (Hopefully I’ll figure out exactly what that is!)
I would like to tag:
Paul Maurice Martin
Bill and Lisa Jones
Filed under: Blogroll, humor, inspiration, Life, silly | Tagged: meme, Pink Pearl Eraser | 14 Comments »